Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Journey Begins........

I am a 70 something woman who woke up one morning and decided that time was going by faster than I liked and figured it was time to try to enjoy some of the things in life that make memories.  

Then, as luck would have it, I heard from my friend Erin (Eat, Pray, Move!), reminding me about her Yoga Retreat in Tuscany in June!!  AHA! Great news!  Here was an opportunity to go back to Siliana Alta (An Artist in Italy), where Tony and I enjoyed a phenomenal 10 days in 2009.  Julian (the artist) and Amanda, his incredible wife who cooks some of the best meals ever, were our hosts then and would be for the Yoga Retreat also.  I would also have the opportunity to enjoy their two sweet daughters, Freddie and Izzy again. Tony (my husband, best friend and confidante) had announced that he was not interested in traveling anymore, so he suggested I go with our youngest daughter, MariaElena (didn't have to ask her twice)
Siliana Alta

Of course, one thing leads to another and I thought.....self.....since you will be in La Bella Italia, maybe this is the opportunity for you to be immersed in Italian for little while.  Google became my best friend while I searched for a school that would fit me...I found Istituto Michelangelo in Florence that offered a Senior 50+(not sure how senior that is) program.  So, all this set in motion our trip that begins today......


2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing this trip through your eyes! Have a fantastic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda, stay tuned....I hope to do better this year than last with this "blog." Hope all is going well up north. I'll be flying into Kennedy on Monday.

    ReplyDelete