Friday, September 13, 2019

Small World!


The other night, we met Benedetta, the beautiful young Italian woman I stayed with 3 years ago, for dinner at a family style Trattoria.  It was hugs and kisses all around because she obviously is familiar with the restaurant and the people who own it.   It wasn’t crowded, so the chef came over to us and after some niceties explained what he had in the way of specials for the night....he mentioned crepes with a Calabrian Sausage and cheese.  So I mentioned that my genitori family) were from Calabria....ah, Dov’è (from where) he asks...I say Crotone, No? he says, I'm from Crotone, I say, the famiglia De Siena, No? he says, Negocio Tuborg? Ugo De Siena, oh my, says I, yes, my family.  Turns out they’ve been friends for 30 years and because Ugo owns a restaurant supply business that seems to have a corner on supplying Tuborg beer to restaurants, he used to supply a restaurant that the chef had in Crotone called Vecchio Roma.  He also knows my cousin Ugo’s daughter, Giuliana that I communicate with frequently.   How is this ppossible....it amazes me. Such a small world...I’m truly discovering that it is small world after all!  

Of course, I ordered the crepes as an appetizer and they were incredibly delicious. I have to make them when I get 
home......Calabrian sausage ground fine mixed with a bechamel sauce with Asiago, parmigiano and Emmanthal cheeses spread on a crepe, sliced, then put in the oven for a bit.  So, so good.  

Trust me they were delicious,




No comments:

Post a Comment