Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Here, at last!

Salve tutti,

I would have posted sooner, but I had technical problems, so here I am.....

My friend, Carol and I arrived late Saturday afternoon.  We were met at the airport by a driver from the Istituto Michelangelo and were taken directly to our apartment which is on Piazza Santa Croce!

This is the Chiesa (Church) of Santa Croce....


After we got settled, we walked to a nearby restaurant Francesco Vini, that I had enjoyed before and had  a quiet, pleasant dinner.....Risotto with carmelized pears and truffles and a  glass of white wine.


 So creamy and good!  It was too late for a gelato, so we’re saving that for another day!

Sunday, ah Sunday.....to give you an idea of our full our day was, we walked over 6 miles and 14,000 plus steps....first cappuccino and a brioche, next Mass at Santa Croce, then starting our walk over to Oltrarno (the other side of the Arno)...on the way we made many stops and met many wonderful Italians along the way.  I will tell you about them in my next posting!  Until then ci vediamo ...we will see you!


1 comment:

  1. Angela, Happy you are back in your beloved Italy! Keep blogging...I will live vicariously through you.Have fun! Kathy

    ReplyDelete