Saturday, July 5, 2014

On the train to Firenze

        We just spent the most wonderful week treating all our senses.....yoga for our minds, incredible food (vegetarian, I might add) for our taste buds, visual stimulation by visiting ancient towns, churches, museums, etc. and for our bodies, a thermal spa complete with massage and healing waters.  We are now on the train to Florence for our next adventure and Maria is glued to the window taking in the Tuscan countryside.  It is hard for me to focus because I keep looking up also and am totally distracted.  We just pulled into Arezzo where they have a monthly antique market, that they say is a "picker's" dream.
Citta Della Pieve.... Tiny town in Umbria ....an Italian gentleman enjoying "Dolce far niente!"  (Sweet to do nothing)...

Naturally, Erin found a vegetarian restaurant, BRAC, for lunch in Florence.  Huge lunch with really unusual combinations, but so delicious.  On my plate, I have, counterclockwise from the bottom, an eggplant focaccia smothered in fresh mozzarella and a light tomato sauce (notice the emphasis on light...they don't do the heavy pasty tomato sauces).  Next is a pear, parmigiano, balsamic drizzled "salad" and on top to the right is homemade tortellini stuffed with spinach and ricotta.  There was so much food, it was hard to finish it, but I did my best, keeping in mind that I had to leave room for the ever present gelato!

I still have so much more to tell you, but I'll save it for my next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment