Friday, September 11, 2015

A Few Observations!





     One of the things I love about getting away (especially to Italy) is that I take the time to pay attention to the details of the life around me.

     This is rather obvious, but nonetheless curious.  It is painted on the back of the door in the ladies room at the Mercato Centrale....




There are all kinds of graffiti around the city, these little gems stand out to me because they appear to be done by the same artist and they always have a whimsical message......



I have been looking for a new bike that I feel more secure riding and I think I found just the one.....




Or maybe this one...

designed by Leonardo....


   On Monday, September 7, considered to be the eve of the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the church of the Santissima Annunziata celebrates with a Festival called the Festa of the Rificolona (lanterns).  There is procession with thousands of people along with many, many young children carrying lanterns lit by candles, that were either store bought or made by hand.  It was such a pleasure to watch the faces of the little ones as they displayed their lanterns. 


They don't do anything in a small way here.....


The music, the priests (behind the trumpeters), the city dignitaries and on and on.....

And then finally... The Danza Pizzicata....lovely young women dancing "The Tarantella"...

I wish you could hear the music.....








No comments:

Post a Comment