Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Trip!

Ok, I'm on my way....a couple of surprises.....at JFK you have to walk from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1... It wasn't a long walk really, but I had to ask a bunch of people how to get there.  It would have helped if they could speak English..... Finally found my way to the Alitalia lounge.....very nice....Even though they had sandwiches, coffee, wine, etc.  I wasn't hungry, so I settled for water and nuts.   I still had a cup of cantaloupe left from the Jax airport, so I ate that instead.


I am now on the flight to Rome...it turns out the seat next to me is vacant, yippee...oh wait, I have two kids behind me kicking the back of the  seat.  And there is an adorable baby girl in the seat across from me that I hope will sleep tonight.  

The flight was delayed by over an hour while we waited for traffic to clear.

Other than that, I have had one glass of Vino bianco and some crackers.  I am now waiting for la cena (supper).  

There was a large group of exchange students from Syracuse university on the plane.  I met the director and he said they will be studying at the University of Florence for the semester.   Nice!!

Ok, the trip details are really boring. I put them here so I will remember!!


Sunrise from my window over Provence!

Florence is as exciting as ever and I am so lucky to be here again this year!  Thank you Tony!😍

So, Benedetta and Giovanni are delightful. To reiterate...this is a  HomeStay program arranged by Melissa Muldoon at La Studentessa Matta blog.  She did a great a great job finding Benedetta and 
Giovanni.

Their apartment is in a 15th century building right in Piazza Santa Croce (look it up...it is where Michelangelo, among others is buried).  The only downside is they are on 3rd floor (really the 4th floor by Italian standards).  SIXTY-SIX stairs.......thank you Gina....thank you!!  Thank goodness Icame back to exercise with you when I did.  I don't think I could be doing this if I hadn't.  

This morning we started my lessons and I love it.  It is great being 
one on one.  I have two hours with Benedetta studying grammatica 
and two hours with Giovanni in conversation.

I will post a few photos, then I have to study so I will ready for tomorrow morning.  I had a great walk this afternoon, I'll tell you about that tomorrow!

I wanted to post more. But I am have technical difficulties....
A domain!





No comments:

Post a Comment