Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Magnificent

   
   How do you describe something that evokes emotions you wish you could feel everyday?  I didn't know what to expect when I went to the Palazzo Vecchio to see The Magnificent. (I included a description in my previous post).  It was only a 30 minute digital exhibit, but it presented a short history of Firenze, music, and images from many Renaissance masterpieces which combined to make for an incredible show narrated by Andrea Bocelli.  



     Imagine seeing images like this displayed on a 40 foot high wall that surrounds you on three sides.  And, somehow, they have managed to get the images to move!  The arches you see in the photos are part of the building.   I don't think I can do the whole production justice here, but I know I will remember this experience for a long time.

    Since we are talking about "magnificent" things....  Earlier today, I posted a breakfast I had the other day on Facebook and I got a lot of comments, so for those of you not on my Facebook page, here it is....

Starbucks eat your heart out!  

     So, if that is how to start the day in Italy, this is how to end it......

     I was fortunate to attend a dinner that Benedetta and Giovanni had this evening, not what you might consider your typical Italian fare in the U.S.  We had an antipasti of bruschetta with pate, prosciutto, salami of wild boar and green olives.  Benedetta made a dish called Pappa alla Pomodoro, which is a simple dish made from bread, onions, garlic, tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Simple, but oh, so good.  The other dish was a sort of ratatouille of eggplant, onions, olives, tomatoes and capers.  It was fresh, light and easy to go back to for seconds.  

     Now on to the end of the evening, of course a Vin Santo with Biscottini.....

Keep in mind, you must dunk your Biscottini in the Vin Santo.  E' Buonissimo!  A dopo....(later)



No comments:

Post a Comment